Vision and Intent
Forest School is an approach to learning which combines an appreciation, enjoyment and wonder of being in the woods outdoors with an approach which aims to enrich the whole child.
Children will acquire specialised, practical skills that are combined with the opportunity to support emotional, social and spiritual development.
In each Forest School session, children will have the opportunity to:
- Learn new practical skills
- Learn specific bush craft and Forest Schools skills
- Develop communication and team work
- Discover and play
- Learn to manage risk
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Learn to support, encourage and appreciate others
- HAVE FUN!!!
All our children will have the opportunity to undertake a block of Forest Schools work each year